The Kraft Heinz Company has completed its acquisition of an 85% stake in Just Spices, with the remaining 15% stake being retained by its founders.
Just Spices is a German start-up with over 170 products in its portfolio, including spice blends, salad dressings, easy-to-prepare “In Minutes” blends and organic offerings.
The company’s growing business sells approximately 70% of its produce directly to consumers, with remaining sales distributed in major grocery retailers throughout Germany, Spain, Austria and Switzerland.
Rafael Oliveira, president of international markets at Kraft Heinz, said: “With Just Spices, we will leverage Kraft Heinz’s scale and agility to accelerate the business in the fast-growing taste elevation market beyond the company’s current German base and its recent market entries in Spain, Austria and Switzerland. We also see tremendous potential to further strengthen and enhance Kraft Heinz’s own direct-to-consumer operations and go-to-market expansion.”
The initial deal was announced back in December last year.
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2021
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial