Lala, a leader in the production of high-quality dairy products, has become a large and global company, starting from small but significant details that have been appreciated by many consumers.
For breakfast, lunch, dinner or any other occasion, Lala’s mission has always been ‘nurturing everyone’s life’ and producing high-quality fresh and natural products to be enjoyed at any time of the day.
The Mexican company, which has over 65 years of experience in the production and marketing of a wide range of milk beverages, continues growing and keeps these principles alive thanks to innovative solutions that take care of the consumer’s wellbeing.
Starting from these considerations, Lala has recently turned to SMI for the installation of the sixth shrink wrapper from the SK ERGON range for the secondary packaging of 0.25l HDPE bottles in bundles in shrink film.
Several lines for the production and packaging of a wide variety of company brands in several pack types and configurations are currently installed in the 29 plants of Grupo Lala.
The continuous cooperation between the company and its suppliers is essential for the business’ success in order to meet the growing market requirements.
Within an environmentally sustainable industrial approach, Lala has been investing in cutting-edge production technologies to improve the plants and reduce the energy consumption and carbon footprint of its activity.
An example is represented by the secondary packaging machines from the SK ERGON range and by the conveyor belts supplied by SMI for the new production line of Yoghurt Bebible, which adopt innovative solutions in an IoT key and ensure high levels of efficiency and plant productivity.
Thanks to easy and fast format changeover operations, the shrink wrapper from the SK ERGON range is an extremely flexible hi-tech solution for packing 0.25l small containers in bundles of six pieces (3×2 format, film only) or in larger formats of 24 pieces (6×4 pack), as it allows to switch without interruption from one production program to another according to the market demand.
SK 600F ERGON shrink wrapper for packing 0.25l HDPE bottles of different flavours of yogurt in packs in film only in 6×4, 4×2 and 3×2 formats on double lane with an output up to 60 packs/minute.
– Automatic packer suitable for packing products in several pack configurations in film only
– Easy and fast format changeover to switch from one product to another in a short time
– Compact and ergonomic structure
– Maintenance, energy consumption and noise level are reduced to a minimum, thanks to motors that are directly connected to the transmission axis
– Machine equipped with optimized guides, sides and winder for processing small 0.25l HDPE bottles
– Optional device for processing 3×2 packs in film only in double lane
Conveyor belts for the transport of loose products at the infeed of SK 600F ERGON shrink wrapper and transport of bundles at the machine outfeed.
– Smooth handling of loose products and of packs at the shrink wrapper outfeed
– Simplified maintenance operations
– Easy and intuitive man-machine interface
– Format changeover times reduced to a minimum, to quickly switch from one product to another
To find out more, click here.
For more information on SMI, visit the website.
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2022
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial