Thai Union Group has taken full ownership of Rügen Fisch, a German manufacturer of shelf-stable seafood products.
The Thailand-based seafood giant first acquired a majority, 51% holding in Rügen Fisch in 2016 and has now purchased the remaining 49% stake.
Headquartered in Sassnitz, Rügen Fisch supplies ambient and chilled fish products to retailers across Germany through its brands, which include Rügen Fisch, Hawesta, Ostsee Fisch and Lysell. The company also has a private label manufacturing business.
Rügen Fisch currently generates revenues in excess of €140 million and employs more than 680 people across sites in Germany and Lithuania.
“Rügen Fisch has been a key part of Thai Union Europe and the wider Thai Union Group since our initial investment five years ago,” said Thiraphong Chansiri, president and CEO of Thai Union Group.
“This further acquisition demonstrates the great value that it has brought to us as well as our continued commitment to the German market.”
Jens Vogler, CEO of Rügen Fisch, added: “Since joining Thai Union, Rügen Fisch has been able to reap the benefits of being part of a truly global group. We are now looking forward to even further integrating with Thai Union and embarking upon the next stage of this exciting journey.”
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2021
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial