The content of this site is for the general information of visitors. If you wish to read our terms and conditions for our products and services, please click here.
FoodBev Media does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or currency of the information on any FoodBev Media websites. If you use any information found on this website to make decisions or take actions, you do so at your own risk and acknowledge that the information carries no warranty, express or implied. No responsibility can be accepted for any use made of the information presented.
Visitors should additionally recognise that, although all events information is correct at the time of publishing, FoodBev Media reserves the right to alter content, programmes, speakers and venues without prior notification.
When we collect your data
We collect your personal data when you request or enquire about the provision of our products and services including subscriptions, advertisements, editorial and awards. We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
• we make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
• we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
1. We respect your privacy. You will only receive subscription or newsletter services that you sign up to, including Company Spotlight messages from our 3rd party advertisers.
2. We will collect and use individual user details only where we believe there is a legitimate business interest for you in doing so, such as ensuring we have enough information to manage your awards submissions, requests or subscriptions. We may contact you to highlight additional benefits available as part of your subscription or contract, only where we believe there to be legitimate interest.
3. We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
4. We will store your information unless you request for us to delete it. We will make sure we no longer use it and delete/archive it securely, if requested.
5. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
6. Our White Papers and other Reports are an exception, where recipients opt-in to receiving the content on the understanding that their data will be shared with the 3rd party Advertiser. Only those who opt-in will have their data shared with the Advertiser.
7. Similarly our Webinars hosted through a 3rd party Supplier require 2 (TWO) GDPR tick boxes. The first is compulsory to allow FoodBev, through our provider, to email updates regarding the webinar in question. The other is opt-in (unless determined to be compulsory by the Advertising party) which grants permission to the 3rd party Advertiser associated with the Webinar to contact those who sign-up.
What information will we collect on you?
We collect information on you:
• when you subscribe to our newsletters or magazines
• when you enter our awards
• when you subscribe to free-trials, request media kits or download white papers
• when you book advertisements, events or services
• when your press release submissions are selected for editorial feature
• through cookies
If you purchase a service from us, communicate with us or do business with us, the minimum information we seek from you is your name, job title, company name, company address, company email address and company phone number. We will ask you more questions for different services about your business, including subscriptions and awards entries. Unless we say otherwise, you have to answer all the registration questions. We may also track what you read on foodbev.com. This allows us to personalise services for you.
After you have registered, we may send you emails where we believe there is a legitimate business interest for you. Newsletters may be personalised, based on what you have been reading on foodbev.com. This personalisation is gained through assessing clicks and that can alter what is received. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and we will respect that.
Use of children’s data
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through our website or services.
How we use your information
At FoodBev, we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
1. To provide and administer the products and services you have requested.
2. To monitor online traffic patterns and site usage to help us continually improve our website.
3. To sell advertising space. This helps us to keep the site free for people who visit it.
4. To tell you about FoodBev services, where we believe there is a legitimate business interest for you in doing so.
We only ever use your personal data to the extent necessary to:
1. Enter into or perform a contract with you.
2. Where we feel it is relevant and appropriate under legitimate interests, provided your rights aren’t overridden.
3. Remember your preferences. e.g. if you follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link to stop receiving emails, we will keep a record of this to avoid further communication.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than required for financial regulation or adequate professional records.
Certain information may be retained after a contract has been fulfilled. We will normally store information for 7 years for accounting purposes. If we consider there is a need to store records for longer, such as if a transaction has been the subject of a dispute or claim, then we will retain the data for as long as is necessary.
We will not retain your information for longer than 7 years from the last point of contact/ renewal. For newsletter subscriptions, your account remains active until you unsubscribe.
We have to hold details of people who have requested a service in order to provide it. We only use these details to provide that service and for other closely related purposes on a legitimate interest basis.
We do not share your personal data with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes. We share your personal data with third party suppliers (detailed below) only for administration purposes, such as with Zenith Global Ltd for invoicing and accounting and with database software advisers. Every effort is made to ensure that your data is processed in accordance with our data protection policy.
We have the right to share your personal data if legally required to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority.
We do not store any of your personal financial details. We only hold business invoicing and bank account information as required. FoodBev invoicing and accounting are managed under a service agreement with Zenith Global Ltd, which has full, secure access to all financial details.
E-newsletters and marketing emails
We use a third party provider, Upland Adestra, to deliver our e-newsletters and marketing emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter and marketing communications. When you subscribe, in order for us to deliver your service we share basic information with Upland Adestra. For more information, please see Upland Adestra’s privacy notice.
People who contact us via social media
We use a third party provider, Hootsuite, to manage our social media interactions. For more information about how Hootsuite processes data, please see Hootsuite’s privacy notice.
People who email us
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. This monitoring is conducted by a third party, Google. For more information about how Google conducts this monitoring, please see Google’s privacy notice.
People who download White Paper and other reports
FoodBev Media provides access to industry specific White Paper and other reports. To provide you with this free service, we share your sign-up information with companies that have provided content for the white paper and other reports. This includes Your Name, Company Name, Email, Phone and Address. When you request further information or access a document from this site, your information may be passed on to the owners of that information or document. White Paper and other reports download links are valid for 24 hours via email and are provided in PDF format.
If you do not wish us to collect and process this information, please do not sign up to download a White Paper and other reports.
We use a third party provider, Holbrooks, to distribute print copies of our magazine to fulfil subscription orders. We send the following data to Holbrooks to enable accurate delivery: Recipient’s name, company and delivery address. For more information or to contact them, please view Holbrooks’ website.
We process the contact details in press releases sent to our editors if they are selected for publication in our titles for editorial purposes such as fact-checking and future press enquiries. We use a third party provider, MailParser, to harness the contact information in the press release, which includes, name, email, telephone number, job title, department, country.
How to unsubscribe
You have the right to unsubscribe at any time. To unsubscribe, please email [email protected] including the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE”, and we will process your request without undue delay.
For email marketing, follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained at the bottom of all FoodBev Media marketing emails. We will process all unsubscribe requests for marketing emails as soon as we receive your notification.
If you wish to change your contact details or preferences, please email us at [email protected] with the subject “UPDATED DETAILS”.
Accessing your information
You have the right to access a copy of the personal data that we hold on you. To submit a full subject access request, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Subject Access Request” from the email address that you have subscribed to our services so that we can verify your details. On receipt of your request, verification of your identity and sufficient details to enable us to locate the information, we will respond within 1 month. If your request is made electronically, we will provide your information in an electronic format, unless you request otherwise. We use 2 electronic file formats, Portable Document Format (PDF) and Microsoft Word (DOC).
You can also send a written request to the Data Protection Officer, FoodBev Media Ltd, 7 Kingsmead Square, Bath BA1 2AB. We will aim to provide you with this information within 1 month of receipt after we verify your identity and have the sufficient details to enable us to locate the information.
We use small files known as ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience of the FoodBev website as follows:
• To facilitate optimal use of the FoodBev website, by means of a temporary ‘session’ cookie. These cookies disappear when your browser session ends.
• We use ShareThis cookies ( _sharethis and _unam) for social bookmarking. Please view their privacy notice here.
The FoodBev.com website may provide links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. Always check the privacy policies of any sites you visit.
Job applications, current or former FoodBev employees
FoodBev Media Ltd recruitment is managed under a service agreement with Zenith Global Ltd, which has full, secure access to all details submitted. FoodBev Media Ltd is the data controller for the information you provide unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about how we handle your information, please contact us at [email protected].
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. The company needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It also needs to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, the company needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
If you send us your CV directly, we will provide you with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, which contains details about how we process your data and how long we retain it. We sometimes use online application systems provided by third parties, such as Recruitment Genius Ltd or Bluetownonline Ltd. Here are the links to their privacy policies: Recruitment Genius and Bluetownonline.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the company will hold your data on file for 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed. We do not use automated decision making as part of our recruitment process.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice and a data retention policy.
Find out more
You can find out more about UK data protection laws by visiting www.ico.org.uk Alternatively, you may contact FoodBev Media by emailing us at [email protected] or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, FoodBev Media Ltd, 7 Kingsmead Square, Bath BA1 2AB with details of your enquiry.
If you disagree with anything in this policy, then you may raise your concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office. www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this policy
Please view our change log here.
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2022
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial