The World Food Innovation Awards, in association with HRC, are a celebration of innovation and excellence across every category of the global food industry.
As the longest and most established awards scheme in the industry, these awards are a fantastic way for you to enhance the promotion of your food brand and to ensure it gains global recognition.
Being successfully shortlisted provides a hallmark of success that will prevail long after the awards ceremony and can highlight the contribution your company’s products and team are making to the food industry.
Enter before 6 December to qualify for the early bird discount of £55 per entry.
Our helpful guide below should contain all you need to know about the World Food Innovation Awards, but if you have any other queries please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0)1225 327867 or email [email protected].
Below are our categories for this year’s awards. There are 28 awards to win, covering all aspects of the food industry.
Best artisan food
Best brand or business
Best children’s product
Best convenience food innovation
Best special – edition product
Best artisan drink
Best brand identity or marketing campaign
Best convenience packaging
Best CSR/sustainability initiative
Best drink concept
Best drink packaging design
Best food concept
Best food packaging design
Best food-to-go innovation
Best foodservice technology innovation
Best free from product
Best health or wellness drink
Best health or wellness food
Best healthy snacking innovation
Best indulgence product
Best ingredient innovation
Best low-or-no product
Best manufacturing or processing technology
Best natural food or organic product
Best plant-based alternative
Best professional kitchen product
Best snacking innovation
Best sustainable packaging
In addition to the prestige of winning a World Food Innovation Award, winners and finalists will also receive a comprehensive Media Package to showcase their success.
The package will include:
• A presentation of your shortlisted product during the special awards ceremony at HRC to an audience of leading decision makers.
• The chance to be personally interviewed by our digital content team, showcasing your great achievement via our awards testimonial video, which you can share with clients.
• A dedicated announcement of your success on social media to FoodBev’s 50,000 followers.
• The chance to be photographed by a professional photographer with your trophy to showcase your win.
• A comprehensive communications kit complete with a press release, logos to use on packaging, websites or emails signatures; a certificate of excellence; and of course a trophy for winners!
• The opportunity to have a sample product showcased to visitors in a special display at HRC.
• Your success will also be promoted as a dedicated top story on FoodBev.com reaching our 100,000 unique monthly visitors including our video presentation of all winners and finalists.
Plus, all entrants will receive a FREE 1-year digital subscription package to our industry-leading magazines, FoodBev and Refreshment plus weekly food news updates, worth £98.
Entering is easy, simply click ‘Enter Now’, select the categories you wish to enter and then fill out the personal details form on the right-hand side.
Each standard entry costs £250 (+VAT).
There is also a reduced rate of £150 (+VAT) for small businesses. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
All entries must be received before close of business Friday 17 January 2020.
What do I need?
Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique username and password so that you can log into your awards portal to submit your entry.
All we ask for is a 200-word description on why you think your food product should win and two medium-sized high-resolution images.
Although not compulsory, in this section you can also add additional information you feel will support your entry for any claims made within your 200-word pitch. This can be in the form of a video link or a link to studies and supporting documents.
Please make sure to communicate clearly how your product is genuinely innovative, introduces new concepts, offers added value and has a market impact.
You can enter multiple categories or products. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Entries are to be paid via credit/debit card and on receipt of payment, you will be sent a confirmation email with a PDF e-receipt attached as proof of purchase. We can only accept payment in GBP.
If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card then please contact us on +44 (0)1225 327867 or email [email protected]
The awards ceremony will take place in 2020 at HRC at the London ExCel.
While we would be very pleased to see you there, attending is not a condition of entering the awards.
Due to the sheer amount of entries, we will only be notifying entrants that have been shortlisted and will contact them no later than February 2020. If you do not hear from us by this time then, unfortunately, it means you have not been shortlisted.
All products entered must have been launched/created/rebranded from March 2019 onwards. Products that are not yet in the market can still be entered as long as they are in their prototype/packaging stage by the closing date of this scheme. Products can be entered into multiple categories.
We are looking for newcomer brands or business that:
• are fit for purpose and fit for market
• are able to justify or support any claims made
• clearly communicate benefits – from nutrition, health and functionality, to fun or simple refreshment
• have delivered a unique proposition either through innovative ingredients or packaging, environmental sustainability, clean label or ethical behaviour
New ingredients that:
• are genuinely innovative and offer measurable advantages for manufacturers and/or consumers
• offer added value for producers and consumers in terms of health, nutrition, taste, mouthfeel, or sweetness
• have market impact for developing a product category or extending consumer choice
Packaging designs and innovations that:
• measurably improve consumer convenience, usability and reduction of waste material
• offer added value for brand owners and create differentiation through excellent and original design
• create new consumption occasion opportunities
• effectively communicates ingredients and health benefits
Manufacturing or processing innovations that:
• offer new technologies saving time or money in food manufacturing and throughout the distribution chain
• improve environmental sustainability criteria
• improve packaging line efficiency and safety
• improve tracking through smart technology
Sustainability and CSR initiatives that create measurable environmental benefits in the following areas:
• light-weighting of packaging/ post-consumer waste reduction
• water and energy conservation
• ethical and environmental initiatives that make a major contribution to a company’s published CSR reporting
Marketing campaigns, activations, promotions, print, digital, or point-of-sale campaigns that:
• entertain, inform or educate consumers
• demonstrate originality
• promote or provide education around specific themes such as nutrition and weight management.
+44 (0)1225 327867
Click here to start a chat
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2019