PLEASE NOTE: AWARDS NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRY!
The World Plant-Based Awards, in association with Plant Based World, are a celebration of innovation and excellence across the plant-based food and drink industry.
FoodBev Media’s long established expertise in managing and presenting food and drinks awards schemes makes this new awards a fantastic way for you to enhance the promotion of your food brand and to ensure it gains global recognition.
Being successfully shortlisted provides a hallmark of success that will prevail long after the awards ceremony and can highlight the contribution your company’s products and team are making to the plant-based industry.
COVID-19 UPDATE 29/05/20:
World Plant-Based Awards still taking place in October 2020
With the news that Plant Based World Expo & Conference 2020 has been cancelled due to the impact of COVID-19, FoodBev Media wants to offer assurances that the World Plant-Based Awards are still going ahead on 2 October 2020.
We are working closely with the Plant Based World team to host a special, virtual awards ceremony. More details will be announced in the near future.
A statement from Plant Based World said: “Plant Based World is an experiential event featuring food sampling and demos, and genuine human interaction. Given the state of the world at this time and the uncertainty of the near future, we do not feel that we can guarantee a safe environment to hold a show of this nature come October.”
You can read the full statement here.
The extended deadline for the World Plant Based Awards entries is 31 July 2020.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the awards and the ceremony please do not hesitate to get in touch with our awards team: [email protected]
Our awards team are working from home and can be reached via LiveChat or email to answer any questions.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Please call +44 (0)1225 327870 to discuss,
or click below to email us for more information.
Click here to find out more
Our helpful guide below should contain all you need to know about the World Plant-Based Awards, but if you have any other queries please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0)1225 327855 or email [email protected].
Below are our categories for this year’s awards. There are 15 awards to win, covering all aspects of the food industry.
Best milk alternative
Best dairy product alternative
Best meat alternative
Best plant-based beverage
Best plant-based condiment
Best plant-based dessert/confectionery
Best plant-based functional product
Best plant-based seafood
Best plant-based snack
Best plant-based protein
Best plant-based packaging
Best plant-based sustainability
Best plant-based start-up
Best plant-based business
Best plant-based non-food product
In addition to the prestige of winning a World Plant-Based Award, winners and finalists will also receive a comprehensive Media Package to showcase their success.
The package will include:
• A presentation of your shortlisted product during a special, virtual awards ceremony with Plant Based World, to an audience of leading decision makers.
• The chance to be personally interviewed by our digital content team, showcasing your great achievement via our awards testimonial video, which you can share with clients.
• A dedicated announcement of your success on social media to FoodBev’s 70,000 followers.
• A comprehensive communications kit complete with a press release, logos to use on packaging, websites or emails signatures; a certificate of excellence; and of course a trophy for winners!
• Your success will also be promoted as a dedicated top story on FoodBev.com reaching our 100,000 unique monthly visitors including our video presentation of all winners and finalists.
Plus, all entrants will receive a FREE 1-year digital subscription package to our industry-leading magazines, FoodBev and Refreshment plus weekly food news updates, worth £98.
Entering is easy, simply click ‘Enter Now’, select the categories you wish to enter and then fill out the personal details form on the right-hand side.
Early bird entry (enter before Friday 13 March) costs £195 (+VAT).
Each standard entry costs £250 (+VAT).
Plant Based World exhibitor entry costs £195 (+VAT).
There is also a reduced rate of £150 (+VAT) for small businesses. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
All entries must be received before close of business Friday 24 July 2020.
What do I need?
Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique username and password so that you can log into your awards portal to submit your entry.
All we ask for is a 200-word description on why you think your food product should win and two medium-sized high-resolution images.
Although not compulsory, in this section you can also add additional information you feel will support your entry for any claims made within your 200-word pitch. This can be in the form of a video link or a link to studies and supporting documents.
Please make sure to communicate clearly how your product is genuinely innovative, introduces new concepts, offers added value and has a market impact.
You can enter multiple categories or products. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Entries are to be paid via credit/debit card and on receipt of payment, you will be sent a confirmation email with a PDF e-receipt attached as proof of purchase. We can only accept payment in GBP.
If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card then please contact us on +44 (0)1225 327855 or email [email protected]
The awards ceremony will take place on Friday 2 October at Plant Based World at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York City.
While we would be very pleased to see you there, attending is not a condition of entering the awards.
Due to the sheer amount of entries, we will only be notifying entrants that have been shortlisted and will contact them no later than August 2020. If you do not hear from us by this time then, unfortunately, it means you have not been shortlisted.
All products entered must have been launched/created/rebranded from 2019 onwards. Products that are not yet in the market can still be entered as long as they are in their prototype/packaging stage by the closing date of this scheme. Products can be entered into multiple categories and must be derived entirely or mostly from plants.
We are looking for newcomer brands or business that:
• are fit for purpose and fit for market
• are able to justify or support any claims made
• clearly communicate benefits – from nutrition, health and functionality, to fun or simple refreshment
• have delivered a unique proposition either through innovative ingredients or packaging, environmental sustainability, clean label or ethical behaviour
New food or beverage products that:
• are genuinely innovative and offer added value for manufacturers and consumers in terms of health, nutrition and taste
• have market impact and extend consumer choice
• demonstrate development and positive impact in the plant-based category
• demonstrate environmental sustainability, clean label or ethical behaviour
Packaging designs and innovations that:
• measurably improve consumer convenience, usability and reduction of waste material
• offer added value for brand owners and create differentiation through excellent and original design
• create new consumption occasion opportunities
• effectively communicates ingredients and health benefits
Sustainability and CSR initiatives that create measurable environmental benefits in the following areas:
• light-weighting of packaging/ post-consumer waste reduction
• water and energy conservation
• ethical and environmental initiatives that make a major contribution to a company’s published CSR reporting
New plant-based non-food products that:
• stand out within their market area
• improve consumer experience through convenience, choice and functionality
• demonstrate growth in the plant-based area by delivering an outstanding and unique proposition.
+44 (0)1225 327855
Click here to start a chat
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2020
World Dairy Innovation Awards – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global dairy industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Entry deadline 7 May – enter now!