Now open for entries
Now in their their third year, The World Plant-Based Awards, in association with Plant Based World Expo, are a celebration of innovation and excellence across the plant-based food and drink industry.
FoodBev Media’s long established expertise in managing and presenting food and drinks awards schemes makes these new awards a fantastic way for you to enhance the promotion of your food brand and to ensure it gains global recognition.
Being successfully shortlisted provides a hallmark of success that will prevail long after the awards ceremony and can highlight the contribution your company’s products and team are making to the plant-based industry.
Save £55 with our Early Bird discount and enter by Friday 17 June.
The winners will be announced at a special ceremony taking place during Plant Based World Expo in New York, US and also premiering on YouTube.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Please click below to email us for more information.
Click here to find out more
Our helpful guide below should contain all you need to know about the World Plant-Based Awards, but if you have any other queries please don’t hesitate to email [email protected].
Below are our categories for this year’s awards. There are 17 awards to win, covering all aspects of the Plant-based industry.
Best milk alternative
Best dairy product alternative
Best meat alternative
Best plant-based beverage
Best plant-based condiment
Best plant-based dessert/confectionery
Best plant-based functional product
Best plant-based seafood
Best plant-based snack
Best plant-based protein
Best plant-based non-food product
Best plant-based convenience product
Best plant-based chocolate
Best plant-based sustainability
Best plant-based packaging
Best plant-based business
Best plant-based start-up
Entering is easy, simply click ‘Enter Now’, select the categories you wish to enter and then fill out the personal details form on the right-hand side.
Early bird entry (enter before Friday 17 June) costs £195 (+VAT).
Each standard entry costs £250 (+VAT).
There is also a reduced rate of £150 (+VAT) for small businesses. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
All entries must be received before close of business Friday 15 July 2022.
What do I need?
Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique username and password so that you can log into your awards portal to submit your entry.
All we ask for is a 200-word description on why you think your food product should win and two medium-sized high-resolution images.
Although not compulsory, in this section you can also add additional information you feel will support your entry for any claims made within your 200-word pitch. This can be in the form of a video link or a link to studies and supporting documents.
Please make sure to communicate clearly how your product is genuinely innovative, introduces new concepts, offers added value and has a market impact.
You can enter multiple categories or products. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Entries are to be paid via credit/debit card and on receipt of payment, you will be sent a confirmation email with a PDF e-receipt attached as proof of purchase. We can only accept payment in GBP.
If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card then please email [email protected]
In addition to the prestige of winning a World Plant-Based Award, winners and finalists will also receive a comprehensive Media Package to showcase their success.
The package will include:
• A presentation of your shortlisted product during a special awards ceremony in association with PBWE to an audience of leading decision makers.
• The chance to be personally interviewed by our digital content team, showcasing your great achievement via our awards testimonial video, which you can share with clients.
• A dedicated announcement of your success on social media to FoodBev’s 70,000 followers.
• A comprehensive communications kit complete with a press release, logos to use on packaging, websites or emails signatures; a certificate of excellence; and of course a trophy for winners!
• A social media package for finalists and winners. Platform-specific content will be specifically designed and provided for each entry, to share your success on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Your success will also be promoted as a dedicated top story on FoodBev.com reaching our 150,000 unique monthly visitors including our video presentation of all winners and finalists.
Plus, all entrants will receive a FREE 1-year digital subscription package to our industry-leading magazines, FoodBev and The Plant Base, plus weekly food news updates, worth £98.
The awards ceremony will take place at the 2022 Plant Based World Conference & Expo, Javits Center, New York on 8 September 2022.
While we would be very pleased to see you there, attending is not a condition of entering the awards.
We will be notifying you whether or not you have been shortlisted no later than August 2022. Due to the nature of the independent judging process we are not able to offer feedback as to why you were or were not successfully shortlisted.
All products entered will preferably have been launched/created/rebranded from 2021 onwards. Products that are not yet in the market can still be entered as long as they are in their prototype/packaging stage by the closing date of this scheme. Products can be entered into multiple categories and must be derived entirely or mostly from plants.
We are looking for newcomer brands or business that:
• are fit for purpose and fit for market
• are able to justify or support any claims made
• clearly communicate benefits – from nutrition, health and functionality, to fun or simple refreshment
• have delivered a unique proposition either through innovative ingredients or packaging, environmental sustainability, clean label or ethical behaviour
New food or beverage products that:
• are genuinely innovative and offer added value for manufacturers and consumers in terms of health, nutrition and taste
• have market impact and extend consumer choice
• demonstrate development and positive impact in the plant-based category
• demonstrate environmental sustainability, clean label or ethical behaviour
Packaging designs and innovations that:
• measurably improve consumer convenience, usability and reduction of waste material
• offer added value for brand owners and create differentiation through excellent and original design
• create new consumption occasion opportunities
• effectively communicates ingredients and health benefits
Sustainability and CSR initiatives that create measurable environmental benefits in the following areas:
• light-weighting of packaging/ post-consumer waste reduction
• water and energy conservation
• ethical and environmental initiatives that make a major contribution to a company’s published CSR reporting
New plant-based non-food products that:
• stand out within their market area
• improve consumer experience through convenience, choice and functionality
• demonstrate growth in the plant-based area by delivering an outstanding and unique proposition.
+44 (0)1225 327851
+44 (0)1225 327853
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2022
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial