A magnitude 7.0 earthquake shook the Caribbean island country of Haiti on 13 January, killing thousands and demolishing houses, schools, hospitals, public buildings and hillside shantytowns. Here are some of the food and beverages companies pledging aid:
- Campbell Soup Co is contributing at least $200,000 and putting a mechanism in place for employees to make contributions. – The Coca-Cola Foundation has donated $1m to the American Red Cross to assist with emergency relief efforts. In addition, its bottling partner in the Dominican Republic is providing on-the-ground relief with water and other Coca-Cola beverages.
- ConAgra Foods Foundation is pledging $100,000 to the International Red Cross Relief Fund.
- Diageo Plc is delivering more than 45,000 pounds of food and emergency supplies to the earthquake victims on Friday.
- General Mills Foundation is contributing $250,000 to support the disaster relief and rebuilding efforts.
- Kellogg Co is donating $250,000 to the American Red Cross for its relief effort.
- Kraft Foods Foundation is donating $200,000 to the American Red Cross for relief efforts. The company also said it has a special 2:1 match for employees' donations up to $100,000, bringing the total matching component to $300,000.
- McDonald's Corp and its franchise Arcos Dorados will together contribute at least $1m to help victims of the earthquake.
- Nestlé Waters North America is donating $1m in bottled water products to support disaster relief efforts.
- The PepsiCo Foundation is donating $1m to the earthquake victims, and the food and beverage company PepsiCo will provide Quaker products as well as bottled water and Gatorade for the disaster victims through its bottlers in Florida and the Dominican Republic.
- Procter & Gamble Co is providing at least two million packets of PUR Purifier of Water through its Children's Safe Drinking Water partners.
- Unilever is donating $500,000 through its partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme.
- US Foodservice has donated $50,000 to the American Red Cross International Response Fund.
- Yum Brands Inc is directing $500,000 from its World Hunger Relief global effort to provide food for the earthquake victims.
- Caffé Culture 2013, in pictures
- Tetra Pak receives DuPont Continuing Innovation Award
- Pom-Bear Zoo snacks from Intersnack
- Campbell Soup Company
- Coca-Cola Company
- Diageo plc
- McDonald's Corporation
- Mondelez International Inc
- General Mills Inc