Marks & Spencer (M&S) and Aquamarine Power have both won the 2012 European Business Awards for the Environment (EBAE).
They were victorious over 156 other entrants from across the 24 European Member States.
M&S won the Management Award which goes to companies with outstanding strategic vision and management systems that enable them to continuously improve their contribution to sustainable development, for their 'Plan A – Doing the Right Thing' programme which embeds the sustainable management of resources across all their operations.
The awards were one of the highlights of Green Week, the European Commission’s annual conference on environment policy.
The awarding jury for M&S Management Award said that the company had successfully integrated resource management across all its operations and has adopted a sustainable retail practice model with high replication potential.
The biennial EBAE awards are given in five categories and recognise European businesses that make a particular contribution to sustainable development by combining:
- Economic viability,
- Environmental concern and social responsibility.
- Fresh & Easy achieves environmental award 15 MAR 2012 | Environment
- Pepperidge Farm recognised for innovation and sustainability 24 MAY 2012 | Awards
- Ocean Spray adds Cran-Lemonade flavour and summer holiday promotion
- Surplus food recovery set to increase with creation of new association
- Boreal Water signs private label deal with Dean & Deluca
- Business > Social Responsibility
- Beverage > Dairy
- Business > Events
- Manufacturing > Processing
- Food > New Products
- Packaging > Labelling
- Distribution > Retail
- Beverage > Soft Drinks