As another year in the water cooler industry draws to a close, cooler innovation reflects on the year that was and looks ahead to 2008. Will the environment remain top of the agenda? Which geographical and sector markets will be fastest growing? Will new product launches continue to focus on improved and easier methods of sanitisation? And, most importantly, will next summer bring us the hot, dry weather that Western Europe in 2007 didn’t.
The questions on everyone’s lips might be difficult to answer with absolute certainty, but what you can be sure of at this time of year is the prevalence of the retrospective end of year review. Three water cooler companies tell Deputy Editor Medina Bailey how the past 12 months shaped up and speculate about what 2008 has in store.
1. How would you sum up 2007?
2. What trends or issues have characterised the cooler industry over the past year?
3. What was your best selling product or highlight?
4. Is there anything you would have done differently over the past 12 months?
5. What is next for your company in 2008?
6. Which issues do you think will be high on next yearís agenda for the cooler industry?
7. What would your one wish for 2008 be?
Ebac Chairman John Elliot MBE:
International Packaging Innovations (IPI) Vice President of Sales and Marketing Alex Reby:
Vivreau Managing Director Stephen Charles:
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2020