©Hansa Borg Bryggerier
Royal Unibrew has acquired full ownership of Norwegian brewery and beverage company, Hansa Borg Bryggerier.
Royal Unibrew already had a 25% stake in the company and is acquiring the remaining 75% holding for NOK 2.5 billion (approx. $286.3 million), based on an enterprise value of NOK 3.3 billion (approx. $377.8 million). Together with Solera Beverage Group, which Royal Unibrew purchased last year, this acquisition is expected to create a strong multi-beverage market presence for Royal Unibrew in Norway.
Hansa Borg Bryggerier is Norway’s second-largest brewery and beverage company with four breweries and one bottling plant in the country. The company’s products include beers, ciders, soft drinks, waters and wines.
Lars Jensen, CEO of Royal Unibrew, commented: “I am very pleased to announce that we have entered into an agreement to acquire Hansa Borg Bryggerier and we look forward to welcoming our new colleagues to Royal Unibrew. We have been minority shareholders in Hansa Borg Bryggerier since 2002 and have for a long period of time wanted to expand our partnership for mutual interest. I am happy that it has finally succeeded and look forward very much to developing Hansa Borg Bryggerier into the leading multi-beverage provider in Norway.”
Closing of the transaction is pending approval from the Norwegian competition authority.
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2021
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial