Carlsberg has acquired 28.5% of the shares in Viacer, the controlling shareholder of Portuguese brewery Super Bock Group, holding 56% of the shares in the company. The other 44% of the shares in Super Bock Group are owned by Carlsberg.
Following the transaction, Carlsberg’s direct and indirect ownership in the Super Bock Group makes up 60%.
Carlsberg said Super Bock Group “is the market leader in Portugal, holding a market share of 47%” with a portfolio including brands such as Super Bock, Carlsberg and Somersby.
Carlsberg CEO Cees ‘t Hart said: “We are pleased that we have increased our indirect shareholding in Super Bock Group. It is a very strong business with a market leading position in Portugal, offering appealing long-term opportunities.”
In its most recent quarterly results, Carlsberg posted a 7.4% rise in net revenue, driven by “strong growth” in India and China as well the positive performance of its alcohol-free portfolio.
The Denmark-headquartered firm – which owns brands such as Tuborg, Holsten and Somersby – recorded net revenue of DKK 17.59 billion ($2.68 billion) for the quarter. The company has increased its earnings outlook due to the strong results; it expects to deliver 10-11% organic growth in operating profit for 2018.
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2020
World Dairy Innovation Awards – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global dairy industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Entry deadline 7 May – enter now!