The rapid growth of liquid water enhancers as an on-the go product across the US has encouraged manufacturers to target the same market in the UK.
The fourth largest carbonates business in the world, AJE, has seen substantial growth in recent years, entering Thailand, then India and Indonesia. Global beverage volumes are over three billion litres a year.
- Sparkling Ice vs Glaceau
Richard Hall, 27 Aug 2014
- Bottled water vs carbonates
Richard Hall, 21 Aug 2014
- Category focus at the heart of Coke-Monster deal
Bill Bruce, 15 Aug 2014
- Coke reverts to Vitaminwater without stevia, but lessons need to be learned
Bill Bruce, 6 Aug 2014
- Recent calls for a sugar tax are completely misguided
Gavin Partington, BSDA, 1 Aug 2014
See more Beverage topics
Along with the benefits there are some associated challenges, especially with regards to bottle processing and field performance.
A new report from Datamonitor Consumer has identified a significant link between being overworked and the consumption of energy products.
New dairy brand Nomadic has launched a Mango Lassi drink, which will be available in the UK with an RRP of £1.49.
- Global redesign for Unilever's Lipton Ice Tea brand by Design Bridge
- PepsiCo launches 'craft' soda Caleb's Kola at selected US outlets
- Court sets $1bn payout to AriZona Iced Tea co-owner
- The story behind the Kiki Maple Sweet Water brand
- Deckers becomes main distribution channel for iPro Sport in GB & Ireland
- Asia continues to dominate RTD coffee introductions
- Ocean Spray reveals Pact Cranberry Extract & Purified Water
- Limited edition Um Bongo Christmas 2014 pack
- Cuba Herbal Energy Juice now sold in Fresh Healthy Vending Machines
- Sparkling Fruit2O Lime Twists by Sunny Delight Beverages
- Hug Water by American Beverage Corporation
- Tony West joins PepsiCo as executive vice president of government affairs