The World Beverage Innovation Awards, in association with BrauBeviale, are designed to celebrate excellence and innovation across every category of the global beverage industry. The most established scheme in the industry, these awards are a fantastic way for you to enhance the promotion of your brand. By entering the World Beverage Innovation Awards, you can ensure your brand and products are recognised on a global scale, by the leaders in the industry.
Being successfully shortlisted provides a hallmark of success that will prevail long after the awards draw to a close. This trusted brand recognition highlights the contribution your company’s products and team are making to the industry. The winners will be announced at a special awards ceremony at BrauBeviale on 13 November 2019.
What’s stopping you? Enter today and win that award!
Our helpful guide below should contain all you need to know about the World Beverage Innovation Awards, but if you have any other queries please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0)1225 327867 or email [email protected].
Below are our categories for this year’s awards. There are 25 awards to win, covering all aspects of the beverage industry.
Best beverage concept
Best juice/juice drink
Best hot beverage
Best sparkling drink
Best functional drink
Best dairy drink
Best premium/adult drink
Best alcohol drink
Best craft beer
Best low- or no-alcohol drink
Best infusion or botanical drink
Best plant-based drink
Best high-protein drink
Best packaging design/label
Best bottle in glass
Best environmentally-friendly packaging
Best manufacturing/processing innovation
Best technology innovation
Best beverage ingredient
Best new brand/business
Best branding or marketing campaign
Best CSR or sustainability initiative
In addition to the prestige of winning a World Beverage Innovation Award, winners and finalists will also receive a comprehensive Media Package to showcase their success.
The package will include:
• A presentation of your shortlisted product during the special awards ceremony at the Braubeviale to an audience of leading decision-makers.
• A dedicated announcement of your success on social media to FoodBev’s 50,000 followers.
• The chance to be photographed by a professional photographer with your trophy to showcase your win.
• A comprehensive communications kit complete with a press release, logos to use on packaging, websites or emails signatures; a certificate of excellence; and of course a trophy for winners!
• Your success will also be promoted as a dedicated top story on foodbev.com reaching our 125,000 unique visitors including our video presentation of all winners and finalists.
Plus, all entrants will receive a FREE 1-year digital subscription package to our industry-leading magazines, FoodBev and Refreshment plus weekly beverage news updates, worth £98.
Entering is easy, simply click ‘Enter Now’, select the category/ies you wish to enter and then fill out the personal details form on the right hand side.
Each standard entry costs £250 (+VAT).
There is also a reduced rate of £150 (+VAT) for small businesses. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
All entries must be received by Friday 27 September 2019.
What do I need?
Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique username and password so that you can log into your awards portal to submit your entry.
All we ask for is a 200-word description of why you think your beverage product should win and two medium sized high-resolution images (jpeg and png files only).
In this section you can also add a link to additional information you feel will support your entry, this must be hosted externally (YouTube, Webpage, Google Drive etc.). Any uploads not in the above formats will not be passed onto our judges for consideration.
Please make sure to communicate clearly how your product is genuinely innovative, introduces new concepts, offers added value and has a market impact.
You can enter multiple categories or products. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Entries are to be paid via credit/debit card and on receipt of payment, you will be sent a confirmation email with a PDF e-receipt attached as proof of purchase. We can only accept payment in GBP.
If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card then please contact us on +44 (0)1225 327867 or email [email protected]
The awards ceremony will take place on the 13 November 2019 at BrauBeviale in Nuremberg, Germany. While we would be very pleased to see you there, attending is not a condition of entering the awards. To attend the ceremony please register as a visitor to BrauBeviale.
Due to the sheer amount of entries, we will only be notifying entrants that have been shortlisted and will contact them no later than October 2019. If you do not hear from us by this time then unfortunately it means you have not been shortlisted.
All products entered must have been launched/ created/ rebranded from July 2018 onwards. Products that are not yet in the market can still be entered as long as they are in their prototype/packaging stage by the closing date of this scheme. Products can be entered into multiple categories.
We are looking for newcomer brands or business that:
• are fit for purpose and fit for market
• are able to justify or support any claims made
• clearly communicate benefits – from nutrition, health and functionality, to fun or simple refreshment
• have delivered a unique proposition either through innovative ingredients or packaging, environmental sustainability, clean label or ethical behaviour
New ingredients that:
• are genuinely innovative and offer measurable advantages for manufacturers and/or consumers
• offer added value for producers and consumers in terms of health, nutrition, taste, mouthfeel, or sweetness
• have market impact for developing a product category or extending consumer choice
Packaging designs and innovations that:
• measurably improve consumer convenience, usability and reduction of waste material
• offer added value for brand owners and create differentiation through excellent and original design
• create new consumption occasion opportunities
• effectively communicates ingredients and health benefits
Manufacturing or processing innovations that:
• offer new technologies saving time or money in food manufacturing and throughout the distribution chain
• improve environmental sustainability criteria
• improve packaging line efficiency and safety
• improve tracking through smart technology
Sustainability and CSR initiatives that create measurable environmental benefits in the following areas:
• light weighting of packaging/ post-consumer waste reduction
• water and energy conservation
• ethical and environmental initiatives that make a major contribution to a company’s published CSR reporting
Marketing campaigns, activations, promotions, print, digital, or point-of-sale campaigns that:
• entertain, inform or educate consumers
• demonstrate originality
• promote or provide education around specific themes such as nutrition and weight management.
Please ensure you read the criteria for the awards you are entering. Remember to use evidence such as quotes, statistics and include as much information as possible into the entry portal form within the 200-word limit.
Entries should relate to innovations undertaken between July 2018 onwards.
All completed entries will be acknowledged online at the time of submission and a confirmation email will be sent containing details of your entry/entries. Please check all the details of your confirmation email and contact us if you have any queries.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into or feedback given regarding the selection of shortlisted nominations or winners.
FoodBev Media reserve the right to extend the closing deadline and amend categories. We also reserve the right to shorten entry titles for the purpose of the awards presentation and winner’s trophies. Please try and keep your entry title concise and to the point.
All submissions must be made online. Once entries are submitted, they will go forward for judging.
Entries must be paid before the judging date. Entries not paid for will be taken out of the judging process and therefore, the awards.
All cancellations need to be received in writing within 7 days of your entry or by 5pm (GMT) on the deadline day, whichever is soonest. Cancellations after this date cannot be accepted therefore refunds can’t be issued and any outstanding invoices will remain payable. Entries made through the request of invoice rather than payment by credit card will not be included in the judging process if the invoice remains unpaid on the deadline day. However, the invoice remains payable if the cancellation criteria above have not been met.
After the entry deadline entries cannot be withdrawn, and refunds cannot be given.
All entries must be supplied and conform to rules/submission formats.
Any entries containing offensive material or false claims will be disqualified.
+44 (0)1225 327867
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2019
World Beverage Innovation Awards – ENTER NOW!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.