The World Beverage Innovation Awards, in association with BrauBeviale, are designed to celebrate excellence and innovation across every category of the global beverage industry. The most established scheme in the industry, these awards are a fantastic way for you to enhance the promotion of your brand. By entering the World Beverage Innovation Awards, you can ensure your brand and products are recognised on a global scale, by the leaders in the industry.
Being successfully shortlisted provides a hallmark of success that will prevail long after the awards draw to a close. This trusted brand recognition highlights the contribution your company’s products and team are making to the industry. The winners will be announced at a special awards ceremony at BrauBeviale on 14 November 2018. What’s stopping you? Enter today and win that award!
There are 25 awards to be won. To view the categories, please click here.
Want to enter? It is easy. All we need is a 200-word product description, explaining why your innovation should win, plus two high-resolution images.
Entry deadline is 27 September 2018.
Our helpful guide below should contain all you need to know about the World Beverage Innovation Awards, but if you have any other queries please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0)1225 327867 or email [email protected].
Below are our categories for this year’s awards. There are 25 awards to win, covering all aspects of the beverage industry.
Best beverage concept
Best juice/juice drink
Best sparkling drink
Best sports/energy drink
Best functional drink
Best children’s drink
Best dairy drink
Best premium/adult drink
Best alcohol drink
Best water drink
Best packaging design/label
Best bottle in glass
Best bottle in PET/PE
Manufacturing, technology, ingredients
Best manufacturing/processing innovation
Best technology innovation
Best beverage ingredient
Best new brand/business
Best brand marketing campaign
Best brand extension/reformulation
Best CSR/sustainability initiative
In addition to the prestige of winning a World Beverage Innovation Award, winners and finalists will also receive a comprehensive Media Package to showcase their success. The package will include:
• A presentation of your shortlisted product during the special awards ceremony at the Braubeviale to an audience of leading decision makers.
• The chance to be personally interviewed by our digital content team, showcasing your great achievement via our awards testimonial video, which you can share with clients.
• A dedicated announcement of your success on social media to FoodBev’s 50,000 followers.
• The chance to be photographed by a professional photographer with your trophy to showcase your win.
• A comprehensive communications kit complete with a press release, logos to use on packaging, websites or emails signatures; a certificate of excellence; and of course a trophy for winners!
• Your success will also be promoted as a dedicated top story on foodbev.com reaching our 90,000 unique visitors including our video presentation of all winners and finalists.
Plus, all entrants will receive a FREE 1-year digital subscription package to our industry-leading magazines, FoodBev and Refreshment plus weekly beverage news updates, worth £98. The awards entrants will also receive a 20% discount on advertising in FoodBev’s annual Winning Innovations Magazine, which gives you all you need to know about the top innovations of the year.
1. Entering is easy, simply click ‘Enter Now’, select the category/ies you wish to enter and then fill out the personal details form on the right hand side.
2. Each entry costs £250. Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique username and password so that you can log into your awards portal to submit your entry.
3. All we ask for is a 200 word description on why you think your product should win and two medium sized high resolution images.
a. Although not compulsory, in this section you can also add additional information you feel will support your entry for any claims made within your 200-word pitch.
b. Please make sure to communicate clearly how your product is genuinely innovative, introduces new concepts, offers added value and has market impact.
You can enter multiple categories or products, but each entry is £250. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Entries are to be paid via credit/debit card and on receipt of payment you will be sent a confirmation email with a PDF e-receipt attached as proof of purchase.
If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card then please contact us on +44 (0)1225 327867 or email [email protected]
The awards ceremony will take place on the 14 November 2018 at BrauBeviale in Nuremberg, Germany. While we would be very pleased to see you there, attending is not a condition of entering the awards. To attend the ceremony please register as a visitor to BrauBeviale by clicking here with the voucher code A400720.
Due to the sheer amount of entries, we will only be notifying entrants that have been shortlisted and will contact them no later than October 2018. If you do not hear from us by this time then unfortunately it means you have not been shortlisted.
All products entered must have been launched/ created/ rebranded from July 2017 onwards. Products that are not yet in the market can still be entered as long as they are in their prototype/packaging stage by the closing date of this scheme. Products can be entered into multiple categories.
We are looking for newcomer brands or business that:
• are fit for purpose and fit for market
• are able to justify or support any claims made
• clearly communicate benefits – from nutrition, health and functionality, to fun or simple refreshment • have delivered a unique proposition either through innovative ingredients or packaging, environmental sustainability, clean label or ethical behaviour
New ingredients that:
• are genuinely innovative and offer measurable advantages for manufacturers and/or consumers
• offer added value for producers and consumers in terms of health, nutrition, taste, mouthfeel, or sweetness
• have market impact for developing a product category or extending consumer choice
Packaging designs and innovations that:
• measurably improve consumer convenience, usability and reduction of waste material
• offer added value for brand owners and create differentiation through excellent and original design
• create new consumption occasion opportunities
• effectively communicates ingredients and health benefits
Manufacturing or processing innovations that:
• offer new technologies saving time or money in food manufacturing and throughout the distribution chain
• improve environmental sustainability criteria
• improve packaging line efficiency and safety
• improve tracking through smart technology
Sustainability and CSR initiatives that create measurable environmental benefits in the following areas:
• light weighting of packaging/ post-consumer waste reduction
• water and energy conservation
• ethical and environmental initiatives that make a major contribution to a company’s published CSR reporting
Marketing campaigns, activations, promotions, print, digital, or point-of-sale campaigns that:
• entertain, inform or educate consumers
• demonstrate originality
• promote or provide education around specific themes such as nutrition and weight management.
+44 (0)1225 327867
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2018
World Beverage Innovation Awards are now open!
Do you have a beverage product worthy of an innovation award? Then you’re invited to enter the World Beverage Innovation Awards. Click here to find out more.