AM Labels has added two new materials to its portfolio; sugar cane paper labels and grass paper labels, meeting consumer demand for environmentally friendly labelling solutions.
The new sugar cane paper labels are composed of 95% sugar cane fibres, offering a sustainable alternative to traditional wood-pulp papers. The remaining 5% is made of a mixture of hemp and linen. The sugar cane fibres within the material are a by-product of the production of sugar and would traditionally be disposed of.
The material is an uncoated matt paper which provides wet strength and fungicidal treatments. It is suitable for applications that require the complete packaging to be biodegradable, such as fruit and vegetable labelling, while its thick and textured appearance enables it to be used for wine, beverage and food labelling.
The company’s grass paper labels are composed of 30% sun-dried grass fibre (hay) and 70% sustainably sourced pulp. The adhesive has been formulated to include a high content of renewable, non-fossil derived materials, making it biodegradable and compostable. The allergen-free, vegan-friendly material benefits from a natural finish and is suitable for artisan food and drink labelling, in addition to cosmetics and organic products.
“Our new range of sustainable labelling materials is a key development and one that will support our customers in making their operations more sustainable and environmentally friendly,” said Brendon Bass, sales and marketing manager at AM Labels.
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2023
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial