top of page

The latest news, trends, analysis, interviews and podcasts from the global food and beverage industry

FoodBev Media Logo
Nov - Food Bev - Website Banner - TIJ vs TTO 300x250.gif
Access more as a FoodBev subscriber

Sign up to FoodBev and unlock more insights from the international food and beverage industry. Subscribers have access to webinars, newsletters, publications and more...

New Zealand dairy processor Synlait Milk has denied that it is involved in discussions with The A2 Milk Company or Fonterra regarding a potential transaction.


The company issued the statement in response to media reports published on Monday 17 August concerning a possible deal involving third parties.


“Synlait confirms that it is not involved in any discussions with The A2 Milk Company or Fonterra regarding the matters referred to in those reports,” the company said.


Synlait provided no further details and said it had no additional comment at this time.


Earlier this year, chief executive Richard Wyeth resigned after leading the company through efforts to stabilise its operational, quality and financial performance.

Rafaela Sousa

Rafaela Sousa

19 August 2026

Synlait denies discussions with A2 Milk and Fonterra over potential transaction

Synlait denies discussions with A2 Milk and Fonterra over potential transaction
Related posts
Top Story

Alan Jope to step down as Unilever CEO

Top Story

Alan Jope to step down as Unilever CEO

bottom of page